Soooooo, this is just a video I had to include. My Human Development teacher decided to show this video in class to show.... Well, I don't really remember. All I remember is that is it suuuper funny. I think he was telling us about ways to punish your children that isn't spanking, but I don't think this was encouraged, it just sort of related to the topic in a distant sort of way.
I think it is highly entertaining the different reactions some children have that actually probably reflect the parenting. One boy reacted in extreme anger as he punched the wall in frustration. He has probably watched a few action films and has most likely seen others perform that same action--someone close to him.
Another girl, when she calls her dad ugly, I think is afraid to really do much to her parents because she loves them. So calling him ugly, I could see her as feeling guilty about that comment later.
The most saddening part of this video, though, is the complete draw candy has on children and how attached they become to something so temporary. I think the children at the end showed the best logic of all and deserve some praise for their reactions and the one boy's encouragement to his brother. You can tell that he really cares for his younger brother and must have some good examples of parents.
Enjoy!
I loved watching these kind of movies about kids, they are so funny. Videos like Kid History makes us go back to when we were children and those fun times.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. I think I am definitely try some of this stuff on any of my future children, haha. I wish my parents could have done more video taping of funny moments when I was a child. Good times.
ReplyDelete