Another time throughout that week of learning to recognize the spirit, I definitely felt I knew an answer to my prayers. There was a quote shared in class by Joseph Smith that was “Search the scriptures. Search the prophets. Know what is for you.” I felt that I needed to study not only the scripture but also the council from prophets in order to receive revelation. I could not just receive the answer by sitting around and trying to listen, but I needed to actually search for answers. I felt the Spirit made that known quite clear to me.
The final major experience I had with learning to recognize the Spirit was whenever I went to babysit the children of friends of my family over the weekend. I had the strongest impression that I needed to read scriptures with the children. So that is exactly what I did before they went to bed. Then I felt that I needed to pray with them. So I did. When we prayed I had the opportunity to help the 4-year-old boy learn the importance of prayer and how to pray, and I also was able to reiterate to the older children the importance of them setting an example for their younger brothers. I feel that through those impressions by the Spirit, I was able to grow closer to that family and teach important lessons that would help them grow as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment