Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm So Old

Today is my birthday, and it is so weird!  I don't feel different or anything, but I'm finally 18!  It feels like a daze.  At about 10 last night, my roommates and I had a sort of pre-celebration while helping my brother write his essay, and threw M&Ms my family sent to me into each other's mouths.



The bag is almost empty.  Let's just say that was an exciting night.

At midnight two guys from my ward came and wished me happy birthday, which I think was extremely sweet!





               Then this morning my grandparents and parents woke me up to wish me a happy birthday, and yesterday I received their gifts in the mail--one of those gifts being a voice recorder!



I am so excited to use that recorder, but that description is for another blog.














My family also sent me a cake, since they're in Missouri right now and can't really make me a cake....









 

                                                                                                             My dad is so great!  He sent me this awesome traveling essentials bag and some make up!  :)




This morning when I went to make breakfast I was surprised by blueberry and banana nut muffins and a cute birthday card from my roommates!

YUM!

They are the best and so kind to me.



I feel so blessed to have such wonderful roommates and an amazing family.  Later today I am planning on treating myself to a haircut and my first manicure ever, which my brother will be joining me for....  I wonder what he will think of his manicure.

I am not sure what my plans for tonight are, but I know I will be eating some cheesecake and ice cream.



One of my roommates told me a couple days ago I was not allowed to cook at all on my birthday.  So I made cheesecake last night since it takes a lot of time in the fridge to be ready to eat.  Loopholes are grand.  I also bought the ice cream because I love ice cream.  They weren't too happy with my loopholes and expressed that, but they're not mad, of course.

I made two cheesecakes, actually, and one is for my only class today--my German teacher told me to bring food.  She is a funny lady.  I will include some pictures of my birthday for something visual.  :-)

I am quite excited to see how today plays out!

4 comments:

  1. Ha,ha, I must say that the pictures is what attracted me to read this. It sounded like you had a blast. I forgot my birthday this year. I was halfway through the day sitting in my science class when it dawned on me that it was my birthday.Ha, ha, sad day. I spotted an error you might want to fix: "They are they best and so kind to me".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family and friends are really sweet. Boys secretly love manicures haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the pictures and the details were really cool. Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the pictures. I had a good time taking them. A little about what later happened--my roommates ended up throwing me a huge surprise party later that night, and my brother kept me out of the apartment. I've never had a surprise party, so it was a cool new event! I was pretty surprised.

    ReplyDelete