
Today is the first day I will be starting an experiment in The Book of Mormon for that class--second half. I am supposed to write a summary of a three-week-long personal experiment of a scripture. I must choose a scripture basically between Helaman and Moroni, then I must apply that scripture to my life. After that, I must write of the scripture I chose and my personal experience with it.
It seems exciting! This will definitely impact my life since I must pray earnestly on each scripture and then try to exercise what the scripture says. I chose for my first out of three scriptures to be Helaman 5:30, which reads:
And it came to pass when they heard his voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous voice, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul.
I think that is a very powerful scripture for any day and time, not just during the three days of darkness the Book of Mormon people experienced, although that must have been incredible. But this scripture I will apply to my life by inquiring of the Lord to help me be more aware and receptive of the spirit, the "still voice of perfect mildness." I wonder what the impact will be on my life. I am guessing that it will be a positive one. I love the scriptures, especially The Book of Mormon, and I am so grateful to be at a university that incorporates that into the learning of other subjects. Of course, the founding charge of Brigham Young University is "to teach every subject with the spirit."
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is so true, taking a scripture and applying it. I met a guy who gained his testimony of the scriptures just by testing each principle and seeing that it is an effective thing in his life to use. When I read them I always try to use what is being taught and when I do, I am most happy.
ReplyDelete