What I have observed recently, however, is that Disney music and any church music brings out the happiest, most uplifting, and most powerful memories and emotions--especially church music. And I especially love the cleanliness of most every Disney song. It reminds me of the scripture Doctrine and Covenants section 25 verse 12, which reads as follows:
"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."

Music is one of the few things that can penetrate nearly every person's soul, but we need to be careful because it can have a negative affect on us also. Every time I read that scripture, I take a mental check at the popular songs I've been listening to and ask if it is a song of the righteous. Most of the songs currently on the Top 40 are not righteous, and you will lose the companion of the Holy Ghost when listening to it.
My goal this week is to pay closer attention to the music I listen to and choose only that which is wholesome and good. If I can't listen to anything good, I think that turning it off altogether is a good option as well, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment